Vaccine boosters are additional doses of vaccines that are given to dogs to help keep their immunity up. Boosters are typically given every 3 years or so, but the exact schedule will vary depending on the type of vaccine and the dog's individual needs.
Dog Vaccinations are: $34
There are a number of different vaccines that are recommended for dogs, including:
- Rabies vaccine: This vaccine protects dogs from rabies, a deadly disease that can be transmitted to humans through bites or scratches.
- DHPP vaccine: This vaccine protects dogs from distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus, all of which are serious and potentially fatal diseases.
- Leptospirosis vaccine: This vaccine protects dogs from leptospirosis, a bacterial disease that can cause kidney failure, liver damage, and even death.
- Bordetella vaccine: This vaccine protects dogs from Bordetella, a bacteria that can cause kennel cough, a respiratory infection that can be very contagious.
- Canine influenza vaccine: This vaccine protects dogs from canine influenza, a respiratory infection that can be very contagious and can cause serious illness in some dogs.
Your veterinarian can help you determine which vaccines are right for your dog and create a vaccination schedule that is tailored to their individual needs.
Here are some of the benefits of getting vaccine boosters for your dog:
- Reduced risk of disease: Vaccine boosters help to keep your dog's immunity up, which reduces their risk of contracting diseases.
- Improved health: Vaccines can help to improve your dog's overall health by preventing them from getting sick.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your dog is protected from disease can give you peace of mind.
If you are unsure whether or not your dog needs vaccine boosters, you should talk to your veterinarian. They can help you make the best decision for your dog's individual needs. We can also assist in getting you the best information or direction to give your dog the proper care for their overall wellness and your peace of mind. Give us a call with any questions you may have about our dog wellness services.